Instructions on using DULERA.
For complete instructions for using your DULERA Inhaler, please read the Medication Guide.
Read this important information for details about using the DULERA inhaler.
If your doctor decides DULERA is right for you, take DULERA every day—2 puffs in the morning, 2 puffs at night.
Using your DULERA inhaler
DULERA has a built-in counter that shows remaining doses. With every puff the counter counts backward automatically. If you can't remember if you've taken your daily doses, check the counter.
When the counter reads the number '20', you should refill your prescription or ask your healthcare provider if you need a new prescription for DULERA.
Before using your DULERA inhaler
Remove the cap from the mouthpiece of the actuator. Check the mouthpiece for objects before use. Make sure the canister is fully inserted into the actuator.
YOU SHOULD NOT REMOVE THE CANISETR FROM THE ACTUATOR because:
- You may not receive the correct amount of medication
- The dose counter may not function properly
- Reinsertation may cause the counter to count down by 1 and may discharge a puff.
Priming your DULERA Inhaler
Before you use DULERA for the first time, you must prime the inhaler.
- To prime the inhaler, hold it in the upright position and release 4 actuations (puffs) into the air, away from your face.
- Shake the inhaler well before each of the priming actuations. The dose counter will initially show the number '64' or '124'. After priming 4 times, the does counter should read either '60' or '120'.
- If you do not use your DULERA for more than 5 days, you will need to prime it again before use.
Follow these steps each day.
- Remove the cap from the mouthpiece of the actuator. Check the mouthpiece for objects before use. Make sure the canister is fully inserted into the actuator.
- Shake the inhaler well before each use.
- Breathe out as fully as you comfortably can through your mouth. Push out as much air from your lungs as possible. Hold the inhaler in the upright position and place the mouthpiece into your mouth. Close your lips around the mouthpiece.
- Take a deep breath (inhale) in slowly through your mouth. While doing this, press down firmly and fully on the top of the canister until it stops moving in the actuator. Take your finger off the canister.
- When you have finished breathing in, hold your breath as long as you comfortably can, up to 10 seconds. Then remove the inhaler from your mouth and breathe out through your nose, while keeping your lips closed.
- Wait at least 30 seconds to take your second puff of DULERA.
- Shake the inhaler well again and repeat the steps under "Inhale" to take your second puff of DULERA.
- Replace the cap over the mouthpiece right away after use.
- After you finish taking DULERA (2 puffs), rinse your mouth with water.
- The 120-actuation inhaler can be stored in any position. For the 60-actuation inhaler, after priming, store the inhaler with the mouthpiece down or sideways.
Find out about possible side effects of DULERA.